Tuesday 5 April 2016

Under the shade of my favourite tree: Is that the biggest tree in Bhopal?

This is one of my favourite trees in Bhopal. The size and the shade are such that even during the harsh summer, you can feel the difference in weather under it.

There are many other big trees in Bhopal. But this one is special. Even photograph may not do justice, and you realise its expanse only when you sit under it.

[It is located in New Bhopal. Guess where?] When you go to this tree, you barely find one or two persons. Sometime a student with his book, cramming mathematical formulae or a woman coming to fetch water from the nearby water source.

But, there is one guy who is seen regularly. He comes to place, takes out the Bible in Hindi, and reads out loudly. he takes his time, around half-an-hour, before he leaves.

Many other big trees have been felled in Bhopal and till recently I was worried about this one too. As colonies keep spreading, space occupied by such big trees are eyesore for the builders.

But, the last time I went to the place I saw something that  now I am not at all, worried. I saw something. I knew, this tree will stand, now. Nothing to worry. Nobody can dare mess with it, unless, it dies its natural death, in many decades, from now.